As I condense my life into an even smaller suitcase than last time and book all the places I’ll be going, I have a bittersweet feeling. I can’t believe how fast and slow things have seemed to move by. I know I’m going to have a great time and there are a myriad of reasons I need to go but at the same time I’ll miss home. It was nice to spend time with loved ones before I leave. And I know while I’m feeling very nostalgic now, once I’m on that plane I’ll probably have the pull of wanderlust reinvigorated in my heart. I’m very blessed for these opportunities and I recognize that all the time.
I won’t be posting as much while I travel but thank God, China and Steve Jobs for iPhones because I’ll try to post up small updates when I get a moment.
Oh, The Place I’ll See
- Los Angeles, CA- I’ll be there for a family event, not exploring too much.
- Philadelphia, PA- I’ll be staying with a cousin for only two days then off to Israel with Birthright
- Israel- I’ll be with birthright for 10 days then try to recuperate for two days.
- Athens, Greece- Now originally I was going to spend a whole month in Greece and I was so excited but due to the banking crisis I cancelled my workaway (and got cussed out by a yogi). I couldn’t change my flight so I’ll be visiting for a few days.
- Spain! I’ll be in Spain! I’m returning to Barcelona to get some rays and explore the city more. Then I’ll be off to Valencia for exploring, hiking, swimming and attending La Tomatina!
Then September 1st I’ll be moving into my apartment in Madrid! And my life there will begin. I’ll be setting up, catching up, talking to employers and getting things set up for October, when I begin working.
I’m so excited for this chapter in my life and I hope you stay along for the ride.